Quenchers and stabilizers of our kilns minimize the fire safety.
Self-ignition cases are not rare now both at large charring plants and in small areas for charcoal production. Fire is the source of hazard to the company’s personnel, and cause damage to valuables and disorganization of the production process.
Synergy-Dream, LLC proposes to use quenchers and stabilizers in charcoal production; these are special tanks of high-quality steel, grade St3 where the charcoal is loaded after re-charring. This accompanying charring equipment is indispensable when the method provides for hot coal unloading.
What are quenchers and stabilizers
Quenchers are cube-shaped steel containers with covers, into which coal is unloaded directly from the kiln retort. Two workers move the quencher with the help of a manual fork-lift from the unloading point to a so called coal quenching and stabilization station, where the coal reduces its capability of self-ignition during two days. In case of self-ignition, the flame limited by the quencher walls is easy to remove, without any considerable damage to production facilities. At the end of two days, the charcoal should be reloaded into stabilizers.
Stabilizer is a steel container with uniform holes throughout the wall surface.
These tanks are required at the final stage of charcoal production, namely its stabilization.
The charcoal stabilization assumes its saturation with oxygen and final loss of self-ignition capability. To do this, the charcoal should be kept in a well ventilated room for four days (for three days in winter) by placing it in a tank with uniform oxygen delivery. Only after the stabilization period termination, the charcoal can be packed and delivered to consumers.
Advantages of using quenchers and stabilizers as accompanying charring equipment
- Why do we recommend using quenchers and stabilizers, but not only stacking the charcoal in bulk as many coal burners do? These items serve as auxiliary equipment, which will allow improving the production process at your charring enterprise:
- Minimize the fire hazard and thus reduce the risk of emergencies due to self-ignition of over-charred charcoal;
- Arrange an organized charcoal storage premise, where the influence of human induced and natural environmental factors (rain, snow, and wind) that may have an impact on quality indicators are eliminated;
- Have an opportunity for monitoring quality indcators of each individual lot of the charcoal, thereby guaranteeing the high and stable quality of proucts;
- Optimize and accelerate the processes at the enterprise resulting in a debugged production process with the uniform cycle duration and eliminated disagreeable events.